Sunday 31 January 2016

I want to be like Eto'o - Richmond Boakye Yiadom.

Richmond Boakye Yiadom on loan at Latina
Ghana international Richmond Boakye-Yiadom want to walk in the shadows of Cameroon and African legend Samuel Eto’o.

The ex-Juventus forward last Thursday joined Serie B side Latina on loan until the end of the season from Atalanta after spending first half of the season at Dutch side Roda JC.
The 23 year-old striker made his debut for Latina last Saturday in his side’s 1-0 home win over Pro Vercelli and he want to emulate the exploits of Eto’o who in his footballing career has won several individual laurels.
“Since my childhood I have always wanted to express myself to the level of Eto’o. I’m here to work 100 percent of my potential to reach that level. I look in the mirror and wonder what did Eto’o to become the player that was not easy but I’m here to do something that I have not done. I always want to win, that’s my goal,”  he said after the game.
Samuel Eto'o  has also won the African Footballer of the Year accolades on four occasions.
Boakye-Yiadom has also played for clubs like, Sassuolo, Juventus and Elche and he was part of Ghana’s U-20 team that won bronze at the 2013 World Youth championship held in Turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment